We try our utmost to keep our school open when it snows but sometimes we have to close.
How will I know what to do if it is snowing in the morning?
- A text message will be sent to parents to say that the school is closed.
- Announcements will be made on BBC Wiltshire – there will also be a statement on their website.
- An announcement will be made on our local radio station: WCR 105.5 M.
- An announcement will be placed on this school website.
We only make announcements if we are going to close.
If you do not receive a text or we are not included on the BBC Wiltshire list, the school will be open. We only make announcements if we are going to close.
Please take note of our policy for gritting the pedestrian areas of our school during icy conditions.
Areas to be gritted
- A pathway from pedestrian gate to playground gates
- A pathway from pedestrian gate to the school office
- The small car park and to the red side door
- The visitor car park
- The “dip” car park (pedestrians are asked not to use the dip access to school during icy weather conditions)
- The entrance to the school reception office
- The kitchen door and steps
- The playground
Areas NOT gritted
- Pathways to rear sheds and outbuildings
- Woodcock Lane – please also be aware that this road is not on the route covered by Wiltshire Council’s gritters
Person responsible for laying grit
- Cleaner in Charge
When to grit
- Ice or below freezing weather conditions or forecast of this
- Snow forecast
- The headteacher will decide whether or not to clear snow after assessing the conditions